Awatar użytkownika
Reputacja: 3
Reputacja postu: 
Napiwki za post: 0 BTC

Re: PrimeCoin

Postautor: kactech » niedziela, 8 czerwca 2014, 07:52

Część wywiadu z Sunny King dotycząca Primecoin
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2934.0
Ben: Primecoin is one of the two cryptos that you released. While the Primecoin community is smaller than the Peercoin one, there are a lot of dire hard supporters.

Ben: There is some confusion in the community about the purpose of Primecoin, how it relates to Peercoin, and how it should be marketed.

Ben: Could you please comment on the relationship between Peercoin and Primecoin, and their intended respective purposes?

Sunny King: Primecoin is a different approach to Peercoin as to the energy problem of cryptocurrency. In my opinion proof-of-work would stay for quite some time as at least one of the major security models of decentralized consensus, so putting the computing power to something more useful than just hashing is definitely an important improvement there

Sunny King: Let's put it this way, Adam's hashcash is cool, but at this point it's rather boring don't you think? I think implementing primality testing in ASIC is a lot more useful for computing industry than just a bunch of hash functions, although that's probably my prejudice

Ben: I've noticed that Primecoin recently broke another world record

Sunny King: We know that the current market is highly competitive, right now the scientific approach is not very well capitalized by market. There are a few other networks, all not very well capitalized at the moment. So primecoin is still leading the scientific proof-of-work market.

Ben: Has there been any academic discussion about how these very long Cunningham chains can be put to practical use, beyond as a mechanism to protect cryptocurrencies?

Sunny King: Yes we claimed 14-prime chain record. So primecoin is holding 10-primes through 14-primes world records at the moment.

Sunny King: Not that I am aware of, however these structures have some link to cryptography, so you never know.

Ben: I may be the only one, but I'm excited at the prospect that proof-of-work using the Primecoin algorithm could be put to use pushing scientific research forward. Hopefully we'll hear about interest from outside the cryptography and cryptocurrency domains in the near future

Sunny King: Regarding the relations between peercoin and primecoin, they are designed to each be contenders to the energy efficient and energy intensive market sector of cryptocurrencies

Ben: Did you envision a time where they would be linked at a more fundamental level?

Ben: For instance, is there a development path that could lead to Primecoin someday providing the proof-of-work component for Peercoin?

Sunny King: Most likely not in this fashion, I think peercoin is more likely to move to stop proof-of-work rather than switch to prime mining

Ben: Would you ever consider opening up development for a wallet that could support both XPM and PPC?

Sunny King: But I think primecoin would get its own eco system. If infrastructures of side chains are developed, there will be both for peercoin and primecoin.

Sunny King: As for combined wallet, that's probably too early to say at the moment.

Ben: That's an interesting thought, and one that I had not considered, to be honest.

Ben: The codebases for Primecoin and Peercoin are similar enough that a lot of the development advancements in one (outside of their core hashing schemes or proof-of-work), could be repurposed to work in the other.

Ben: What is the next logical step in Primecoin development on your roadmap?

Sunny King: The main problem is to keep sync with bitcoin's bug fix and new features. Bitcoin's codebase is not very amenable to multi currency wallet development. But this is also something to be looking at from side chain development point-of-view. Currently I think spending the effort to just combine wallet is probably too costly.
DISTbIT - prywatny punkt błyskawicznej sprzedaży kryptowalut
bitowe.info - agregator wiadomości ze świata BTC
ToxID: 8013F26F9CFE8B3B979EE313EBD866D9D4F1D426501711C1CC80A14B7031EF53092C1A2B3C9A

Wygadany
Awatar użytkownika
Reputacja: 3
Reputacja postu: 
Napiwki za post: 0.0005 BTC

Postautor: kactech » poniedziałek, 19 stycznia 2015, 11:43

https://btc-e.com/news/207
Closing of tradings on TRC/BTC, FTC/BTC, XPM/BTC
19.01.15 00:00 from admin
---
Dear participants of the BTC-e.com exchange!

Due to the low volume on TRC/BTC, FTC/BTC, XPM/BTC pairs, trades on those pairs will be closed since February 1, 2015.

https://btc-e.com/exchange/trc_btc TRC/BTC
https://btc-e.com/exchange/ftc_btc FTC/BTC
https://btc-e.com/exchange/xpm_btc XPM/BTC

Autamatical withdrawal of TRC, FTC and XPM will be available until March 31, 2015.

Sincerely yours,

btc-e.com support
DISTbIT - prywatny punkt błyskawicznej sprzedaży kryptowalut
bitowe.info - agregator wiadomości ze świata BTC
ToxID: 8013F26F9CFE8B3B979EE313EBD866D9D4F1D426501711C1CC80A14B7031EF53092C1A2B3C9A

Bardzo Zły Moderator
Awatar użytkownika
Reputacja: 2663
Reputacja postu: 

Postautor: rav3n_pl » poniedziałek, 19 stycznia 2015, 12:47

TRollCoin też przepadł?
No ale że XMP... takie nadzieje mieli w tej walucie, gdzie moc PoW "nie szła na darmo".
Piffko: PLC/BTC 1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni
BIP39 Mnemonic z talii kart
Bitcoin Core 0.27
Linki do YT, TT, LI i reszty

Weteran
Awatar użytkownika
Reputacja: 2357
Reputacja postu: 

Postautor: prezes » poniedziałek, 19 stycznia 2015, 14:11

@kactech dzięki za info
Kanał na YouTube - przegląd rynków finansowych: kryptowaluty, akcje, surowce, forex
Blog prezesa - blog o inwestowaniu
Giełdy Kryptowalut - wiadomości, opinie, rankingi
Kryptowaluty.info.pl - Informacje ze świata kryptowalut

Weteran
Reputacja: 88
Reputacja postu: 

Postautor: grzem » poniedziałek, 19 stycznia 2015, 15:20

A ja tym co wątpią w znaczenie btc-e, polecam lekturę kursów tych trzech walut w okolicach ogłoszenia decyzii o zamknięciu notowań.
Zapraszam na https://cryptox.pl

Bardzo Zły Moderator
Awatar użytkownika
Reputacja: 2663
Reputacja postu: 

Postautor: rav3n_pl » wtorek, 20 stycznia 2015, 12:14

BTC-E używa tylko 5 miejsc po przecinku w kursie, więc dla nich 1000 sat to już dno.
Piffko: PLC/BTC 1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni
BIP39 Mnemonic z talii kart
Bitcoin Core 0.27
Linki do YT, TT, LI i reszty

Weteran
Reputacja: 1215
Reputacja postu: 

Postautor: qertoip » wtorek, 20 stycznia 2015, 17:07

Primecoin i tak nie miał przyszłości bo PoW wymaga aby algorytm pracy był wolny od zewnętrznych celów i zachęt (tu: szukanie liczb pierwszych). Chodzi o to, żeby wykluczyć ryzyko, że zachęty zewnętrzne rozjadą się z głównym celem czyli szeregowaniem transakcji w czasie.

"proof-of-work in Primecoin not only provides security and minting to the network, but also generates a special form of prime number chains of interest to mathematical research" - ich główny "atut" jest sendem problemu. Źródło: http://primecoin.io/

Choć przyznaję, że sam na początku tego shitcoina kupiłem ;)
We only have one shot at making digital scarcity experiment work. If Bitcoin fails within a timeframe relevant for a human, then digital scarcity claim gets falsified. Like it or not, Bitcoin must succeed for your coin to succeed.

Wróć do „Pozostałe”